Sunday, July 29, 2012

Monarch Gradient

This was one of my first nail art designs, hence the poor flooded cuticles- eek!  It hurts a little to look at, I know, but this was the first design that I was really proud of, even if it's an exact copy from Nail Art 101's butterfly tutorial.  I cringe a little when I think of how long I spent working on these babies, but they're awfully cute.  
  

The orange polish in the gradient is from Aritaum, and the yellow polish is BL002 from Skin Food (Melon Milk).  They yellow looks much darker here than it does alone, but I think a large part of that is due to color mixing during the gradient process.  The black is my trusty nail art pen from the Face Shop, and the white dots were done with a nail art pen from Etude House,which I would not recommend since it smears far too easily.  

No comments: