Monday, July 30, 2012

Konad Flowers and Green Stripes

These were the first fruits are my laboring over a Konad kit.  I'd ordered fauxnad plates from Bundle Monster to play with when I arrived at home, so I only bought a stamper, scraper, and one stamping plate to play with in Korea.  I’ve read that Konad has a greater selection of flower designs than most fauxnad sets have, so I selected a plate of flower designs, even though the smaller, more detailed stamps are supposed to be a bit more difficult to use.  In the end, it was a good decision, because I didn't end up with any doubles once I finally got my hands on Bundle Monster's 25-piece set



I wasted a fair amount of time just testing different polishes, since the less opaque ones wouldn’t stamp.  I tinkered a lot before landing on a design I liked, but I think I’m getting the hang of the rolling motion necessary, plus the accomplishment of multicolored stamping.  The white base is my trusty Skin Food BW001 (White Milk).  It's a bit fussy, but it's the only white polish I found in Korea with enough opacity to cover my nail, at least as compared to the whites available at Aritaum and Bavi Phat.  The sort of coral flower color, which looks very pink in its thin, thin stamping layer, is #86 (여름햇살 빨강) from Innis Free.  Finally, the green is a ₩1000 purchase from Etude House, and you can see the effects of different thicknesses in the leaves and stripes.  I watched several tutorials to help with my stamping (including Konad's video with its unusually calm and creepy spokeswomen), but the biggest surprise was just how thin and delicately the polish stamps onto your nail.  Should you find yourself in Seoul, I bought the set at 경안사, which also has the largest selection of American polish brands I’ve ever seen in Korea at pretty decent prices for Korea.  Walk straight from exit 6 at the 회현 stop and it’s clearly marked on the right.  

No comments: